- Web Development: ASP, SQL (Stored procedures), XML, XSLT, Custom Web CMS development.
- SEO & Information Architecture: Experience & success in optimising websites for search engines whilst simultaneously optimising them for users.
- Accessibility & Usability: I create accessible websites and I believe in enhancing the user experience which can be achieved through a usable website.
Newbury, Berkshire - 08/2008 - Present day
Malmesbury, Wiltshire - 01/2006 - 07/2008
- Lead developer on Dyson UK, Dyson Airblade, Dyson School websites.
- Part of a small team of developers working with a small design team.
- Responsible for ensuring the accessibility of new sites and developed a coding standards document.
- Attended usability testing sessions and helped to make UI adjustments.
- Developed a web application that allows retailers to order their in-store display units & graphics. Users can visualize their product display area, based on a number of variables.
Herman Miller -
Bath, Gloucestershire - 05/2005 - 01/2006
- Web based product catalogue with drag & drop interface.
- Various other internal web applications.
The JJ Group -
Little Baldon, Oxfordshire - 02/2002 - 05/2005
- Developed wireframes & coded standards compliant XHTML page templates for the Aston Martin website. This website was featured in .net magazine.
- Prototyped & developed accessible table-less XHTML templates for a nationally promoted Visit Britain sports website (no longer exists). Billboards promoting the website appeared in every Premiership football ground and at many other large sporting events.
- Designed a CMS & website for SMART Car that allowed dealers to advertise their used car range. The website was successful and received good reviews. This website has since been redesigned.
- Wireframed & developed content managed Miriam Stoppard website. This site has since been redesigned.
- Developed an email marketing tool that allows users to configure mailing lists & HTML emails. The system provides stats on open & click through rates. This was purchased by high profile companies such as Lombard Direct & Beefeater.
Web Consultant - 2001 - 2002
- Suggesting and implementing front-end improvements to the popular Nationwide League Football website (no longer exists).
- Big Red Football website - Micro-site developed for a naitionwide Comic relief campaign (no longer exists).
- Helping other web developers/administrators with their coding problems.
Web Developer - 2000 - 2001
- Developed & maintained the company intranet and the Nationwide League Football website.
MIS Analyst - 1999 - 2000
- Developed the department's intranet site and started learning about web design.
- Collated and presented the departmental statistics on team performance using linked Excel spreadsheets.
My interests include music, football, motorcycles, pool, movies, and web design. My main interest is music, I enjoy going to see bands, and listening to and buying as many albums as I can afford. I used to play in a band and still enjoy playing guitar for fun. I also really enjoy football. I support Liverpool FC and like to go to as many matches as I can. Motorbikes are another passion of mine; I used to race both on and off-road.
Available on request.